We all have those special towels that hold a special place in our hearts, just like the ones that we used to lay on and stargaze as children. But as we grow older, we realize the importance of keeping our towels and clothes clean and germ-free. That’s where Lysol Laundry Sanitizer comes in. It’s a game-changer when it comes to eliminating bacteria and germs from our laundry, which is especially important in today’s world.
To use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer for soaking clothes, you will need 2 capfuls of the product and a gallon of cold water. Add your clothes to the container or sink and make sure they are completely submerged in the water. Allow your clothes to soak for at least 15 minutes to ensure that the sanitizer can effectively kill any bacteria or odors on your clothes.
In this Lysol Laundry Sanitizer guide, we’ll take a closer look at this product and how to use it effectively to keep your clothes and towels fresh and clean. Whether you’re a parent like me who’s always on the go or just someone who wants to ensure their laundry is always sanitized, you won’t want to miss this guide.
So let’s dive in and discover how to use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to keep your laundry clean and fresh.
How to Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is designed to kill 99.9% of bacteria that can cause odors on clothes and other fabric items. Here’s how to use it:
- Read the label: Before using Lysol Laundry Sanitizer, be sure to read the label and follow the instructions carefully.
- Add Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to your wash cycle: Add 2 capfuls (or 2 oz.) of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to your washing machine during the rinse cycle.
- Wait for the cycle to complete: Allow your washing machine to run its cycle as usual, including the rinse cycle with the Lysol Laundry Sanitizer.
- Dry your clothes: Once the cycle is complete, dry your clothes as you normally would.
Note: Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is safe to use on most fabrics, including whites, darks, and colors. However, it is always a good idea to check the care label on your clothing to make sure it is safe to use bleach products.
Must Read: Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Warnings: Is It Safe
Do You Use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Before or After Washing?
Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is used during the washing process, specifically during the rinse cycle.
When using Lysol Laundry Sanitizer, you should add 2 capfuls (or 2 oz.) of the product to your washing machine during the rinse cycle. The rinse cycle is typically the last cycle in your washing machine’s cycle and is designed to remove any remaining detergent, dirt, or debris from your clothes.
The Lysol Laundry Sanitizer works by killing 99.9% of bacteria that may be present on your clothes, even after washing them with regular laundry detergent. This ensures that your clothes are not only clean but also sanitized and free from any unpleasant odors.
Can You Put Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in with Detergent?
Yes, you can put Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in with detergent during the washing process to help sanitize your clothes.
To use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer with detergent, follow these steps:
- Add laundry detergent to your washer.
- Add the appropriate amount of Lysol Laundry Sanitizer to the machine as well. The recommended amount is 2 capfuls (or 2 oz.) of the product for each load of laundry.
- Start the washing machine and run a regular cycle, including the rinse cycle, with the Lysol Laundry Sanitizer and detergent in the machine.
- Once the cycle is complete, remove your clothes from the washing machine and dry them as you normally would.
Does Lysol Laundry Sanitizer Really Work?
Yes, Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is effective in killing 99.9% of bacteria that can cause odors on clothes and other fabric items.
The active ingredient in Lysol Laundry Sanitizer is a powerful disinfectant that is effective against a wide range of bacteria and viruses. When added to your wash cycle, it works to kill the bacteria that may be present on your clothes, even after washing them with regular laundry detergent.
Where to Put Lysol Laundry Sanitizer in Front Load Washer
It is recommended to use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer either by pouring it directly into the rinse cycle or placing it in the fabric softener compartment. It is suggested to use two caps of the sanitizer filled up to the correct level for your specific washing machine.
In case of disinfecting, it is advisable to pre-soak the laundry with the Lysol Laundry Sanitizer.